JR. Sod Cutter – Hydro
A WHOLE NEW WAY TO CUT
Legendary performance meets new transmission technology for easier-to-control, smoother, more stable sod cutting. The Jr. Sod Cutter – Hydro’s innovative hydrostatic, variable-speed transmission lets you power through the cut while its heavy-duty, long-lasting cast-iron gear case and hydraulic cooling system stand up to the toughest demands—whether you’re lifting and relocating sod for landscaped areas or establishing shrub and flower beds.
POWERFUL HYDROSTATIC TRANSMISSION
A specifically designed hydraulic cooling system and Hydro-Gear® BDU transmission—featuring both forward and reverse drive—turn up the power without sacrificing durability.
A user-friendly, color-coded interface makes it easy to adjust blade depth and angle for precise cutting—no matter the soil condition.
Unlock the pneumatic rear caster wheel to easily— and tightly—maneuver around landscaping, then lock it for unmatched precision on straightways.
A rubber isolation mount absorbs shock and machine vibration before they ever reach your hands, saving your arms from fatigue.
- HONDA® Engine Model: 4-Cycle Honda® GX160; recoil start; on/off switch; low-oil alert
- Displacement: 9.9 cu in. (163 cc)
- Fuel Capacity: 0.82 gal (3.1 L)
- Oil Capacity: 0.61 qt (0.58 L)
- BRIGGS & STRATTON® Engine Model: 4-Cycle VanguardTM 200 Model 12V3; recoil start; cyclonic air cleaner; integrated fuel valve; engine on/off switch
- Displacement: 12.4 cu in (203cc)
- Fuel Capacity: 0.82 gal. (3.1 L)
- Oil Capacity: 0.63 qt (0.6 L)
- Drive: A spring-tensioned belt drives a Hydro-Gear® BDU hydrostat that transfers power through an enclosed, oil-lubricated gear and chain reduction to the drive wheels
- Drive Wheel: (2) 8 in. (203 mm) diameter knob tread; rubber-vulcanized to cast-iron hubs
- Lubrication: Oil splash in gear case; grease fittings elsewhere
- Speed: Up to 352 ft/min (107 m/min)
- Cutting Width: 18 in. (457 mm) or 24 in. (610 mm)
- Cutting Thickness: Adjustable up to 2.5 in. (64 mm)
- Weight: 18 in. Model: 380 lb (172 kg); 24 in Model: 398 lb (181 kg)
- Width: 25 in. (635 mm)
- Length: 52.5 in. (1,334 mm)
- Height: 35.5 in. (902 mm)
- Tires: Rear: 9" x 3.50"-4 with sealed ball bearings